[U-Boot-Users] Device chaining, anyone interested?

Woodruff, Richard r-woodruff2 at ti.com
Wed Aug 20 23:20:06 CEST 2003

Hello,

We are in the process of putting together some POST/diagnostic type code for
our OMAP u-boot board.  We have modified the device lists for input/output
such that it will chain to several devices.... ex: can input data at a
serial keyboard OR at the keypad OR at the touchscreen and it will output to
the serial console AND the LCD console (and potentially a USB-client serial
console).  This is all very handy for what we are doing, but I'm not sure if
its something which the generic u-boot code wants (Wolfgang?).  Its been put
together with the standard list functions and such so its not a great
departure in code.

Regards,

Richard Woodruff.