[U-Boot-Users] Re: MPC5200 Lowboot config

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Dec 4 09:41:23 CET 2003

Dear Victor,

in message <3FCE15E2.22012.13811A4 at localhost> you wrote:

> > You are right. There is a bug in this configuration.
>
> Thanks!  That fixed the problem.  I figured it was something like that when

Excellent. Thanks for the confirmation.

> the image shrank by one block when I moved the ENV up to FF04000. If I can
> just figure out how to build an initrd when I don't have any of the ppc
> executables, I think I'll be in business.  I think I'm going to have to dust

You have all the PPC executables when you install the ELDK :-)
Also you can download a ready-to-run image from our FTP server: see
ftp://ftp.denx.de/pub/LinuxPPC/usr/src/SELF/images/ppc_82xx/

Also see http://www.denx.de/twiki/bin/view/DULG/HowToAddFiles and
http://www.denx.de/twiki/bin/view/DULG/HowToIncreaseSizeOfRamdisk

> off the old Apple 8500 and see if I can figure out the yellowdog install.

There is no real need to do this.

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
"Though a program be but three lines long,
someday it will have to be maintained."
- The Tao of Programming