[U-Boot-Users] tiny patch for examples/Makefile (objcopy related)

Cam camilo at mesias.co.uk
Wed Dec 10 22:17:09 CET 2003

George

I have a preference for generating the srec and binary outputs from a
common input, it seems simpler, and less prone to things going wrong. I
realise that the current Makefile achieves this in an obscure way (the
bin is made dependent on the srec, however it really depends on a file
produced as a side-effect of the srec target).

> This works without the side-effects too:   ; P
[...]
> +	$(OBJCOPY) -I srec -O binary $< $@ 2>/dev/null

I really like that, because it is simple. However it does not work for
me, as the MontaVista ppc_82xx-objcopy does not support srec input.

If I get some time I will try to do more with the Makefiles, as I would
like them to work for Rational ClearCase make (clearmake). Mostly they
do right now with the exception of recursive make invocations. However
there are greater priorities within the project and I expect I might not
get the time to tweak the Makefiles beyond getting it working.

Thanks for the feedback, it's a joy to find such an active and
interested community.

-Cam