[U-Boot-Users] gcc, glibc, binutils, linux kernel versions to build u-boot

listmember at orkun.us listmember at orkun.us
Thu Dec 11 17:19:22 CET 2003

Hi,

I am involved with an internal embedded linux project based on Cogent
CSB272 development board (IBM PPC405GP).

What are the recommended versions for building u-boot?

I intend to gcc 3.3.2, glibc 2.3.2, bintuils 2.14.90.0.5 and kernel 2.4.21
or 2.4.23 sources. Any comments regarding this combination?

I know kernel sources refer to gcc 2.95.3 as the official compiler but it
seems a lot of people are using a later version of gcc successfully.

I've downloaded crosstools scripts and by default it comes with .dat files
supporting gcc 3.2.2, glibc 2.3.2 and bintils 2.14.90 and kernel 2.4.21. I
built the tool chain based on this but I was also able to build toolchain
based on 2.4.23. I am using kernel sources from kernel.org.

Best regards,
Tolunay

PS: I tried to search the archives but it is possible I missed an answer
about this. I apologize if it is already covered.