[U-Boot-Users] Hang after relocating u-boot code...

SAM SONG samsongshu at yahoo.com.cn
Tue Dec 30 17:01:14 CET 2003

Hi,

The monitor port can work on my custom board but
u-boot hang or crashes after relocation.I read the
DULG FAQ about the answer.I,however,want to make sure
about the fact why the same SDRAM init code does work
on RPXlite but in vain on my custom board for the
SDRAM hardware design are the same with these two
boards.

I am sure that my UPMA RAM WORD is OK because of
successful relocation.When I traced the code using
BDI2000 and found that the code often went wrong after
start.S:574.

/*
 * We are done. Do not return, instead branch to
second part of board
 * initialization, now running from RAM.
 */

572     addi    r0, r10, in_ram - _start +
EXC_OFF_SYS_RESET
573     mtlr    r0
574     blr

BDI>ci
- TARGET: target has entered debug mode
    Target state      : debug mode
    Debug entry cause : entering check stop state
    Current PC        : 0x00000200

Meanwhile,I checked the signal of SDRAM
chip(MT48LC16M16)by WAVEFORM and noticed that A[20-29]
& D[0-31] on RPXlite board have 1KHz plus whereas zero

level on my board after reset.

Is this realated with my hardware design or just
software adjustment is enough?

Any hints is welcome!

Thanks in advance and Happy New Year!!!

SAM SONG