[U-Boot-Users] 4 MByte ROM & PPCBoot on 8245 using MAP B

"Callebaut, Benoît" benoit.callebaut at barco.com
Mon Feb 3 15:24:30 CET 2003

Normall the ROM base is 0XFFF00000 which give us  a 1MByte addressing range.
In the spec of the PPC8245 (MPC8245UM23.pdf) is stated that from 0XFF000000
giving 16MByte of addressing space.
The Boot vector of the MPC8245 can be choosen to be either at 0XFFF00100 of
at 0X00000100
How can I use a 4MByte FLASH with PPCBoot, knowing that I need to use the
whole 4MBytes of available space
------
Benoit Callebaut
Software Development Engineer
Barco | Control Rooms
Noordlaan 5, 8520 Kuurne, Belgium

Tel 	+32(0)56 36 84 28
Fax 	+32(0)56 36 86 05

mailto:benoit.callebaut at barco.com
http://www.barcocontrolrooms.com

- - - - - - - DISCLAIMER - - - - - - - -
Unless indicated otherwise, the information contained in this message is
privileged and confidential, and is intended only for the use of the
addressee(s) named above and others who have been specifically authorized to
receive it. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified
that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this message and/or
attachments is strictly prohibited. The company accepts no liability for any
damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email. Furthermore, the
company does not warrant a proper and complete transmission of this
information, nor does it accept liability for any delays. If you have
received this message in error, please contact the sender and delete the
message. Thank you.