[U-Boot-Users] Accessing environment from linux?

Fillod Stephane stephane.fillod at thomson.net
Thu Feb 13 11:00:42 CET 2003

Rod Boyce wrote:
>A long time ago these questions were being asked about accessing the
>PPC/U-Boot environment variables from Linux I would be very interested in
>any code to do this even partly working code and I would be happy to
>complete the code / debug the code.

What kind of storage are you interrested in?
I wrote a kernel driver to access PPCBoot environment variables stored
in a M24C32-W EEPROM, connected through I2C bus.
It allows raw access through /dev/eeprom, couple of ioctl's (setenv, getenv,
unset, etc.), and content reading for shell scripting (through /proc file).

>Was this work ever completed and if so:
>A. Where can I find it.

ask me

>B. Would some kind person mind sending me the code to finish / use

sure. I may have to clean up a bit though, and issue a nice patch.

Regards,
Stephane

As of February 12, 2003 Thomson unifies its email addresses on a worldwide
basis.Please note my new email address: stephane.fillod at thomson.net

Thomson is the leader in solutions and technologies for the entertainment
and media industries and serves its customers under its four strategic
brands: Technicolor, Grass Valley, RCA and THOMSON.
More about Thomson: http://www.thomson.net/videochain