[U-Boot-Users] Flash

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Feb 13 21:13:29 CET 2003

In message <20030213133721.GD10342 at pengutronix.de> you wrote:
> I'm wondering which command can be used to burn an image (loaded from
> whereever) into flash? There's a command for erasing, protecting and
> info but I cannot find something for flashing.

Umm... use the obvious:  just  copy  the  image  to  the  destination
address (i. e. use "cp.b <src> <dest> $(filesize)".

If you read the README, yu will also find out about a  magic  #define
that allows to directly FTP into flash memory [which is usually a bad
idea,  as it is much more reliable to first make sure the download is
successful _before_ you erase the old flash contents  and  re-program
it from the local RAM contents].

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
See us @ Embedded World, Nuremberg, Feb 18-20, Hall 12.0 Booth 12-442