[U-Boot-Users] initrd.cramfs.gz.image works?

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Sun Feb 16 18:54:26 CET 2003

In message <20030215114128.GU10342 at pengutronix.de> you wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 15, 2003 at 09:02:28AM +0900, Boo Geum Jung wrote:
> > I'd like to boot linux kernel and initrd with "bootm" command.
> > I made initrd with "dd, mkfs -t ext2, gzip and mkimage", it works well.
> > But I made initrd with "mkcramfs, gzip, and mkimage", it dose not work -
> > 'Wrong magic" error message.
> > Have you ever been to do like this?
>
> bootm is for booting uImages. Did you read the section of the README
> document which describes the mechanism?

Ummm... bootm is for booting Linux images with or without ramdisk, as
individual images or as a multi-file image. There  is  nothing  wrong
with  attempting  to  boot  a Linux kernel image plus a ramdisk image
using bootm. It's the intended use.

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
See us @ Embedded World, Nuremberg, Feb 18-20, Hall 12.0 Booth 12-442