[U-Boot-Users] u-boot optimization flags

Adam Bezanson bezanson at attbi.com
Tue Feb 18 03:09:27 CET 2003

Hi all,

In trying to debug my ethernet driver for my new board/chip,
I've discovered that using Insight or DDD with an arm-linux
target has issues. The display of where I'm currently at
as I single step through the code is erratic, and jumps around alot.
I think this is due to the optimization flags of -Os.
I've tested with -O1 and the stepping seems to work fine now, although
I'd like to use -O0 for debugging purposes. When I do this,
I get lots of undefined references to __fswab32 and __fswab16, especially
in the networking stuff.

There does seem to be a <linux/byteorder/swab.h> that contains this stuff.
Is there any generic way to make the build pick up the right definitions
without architecture specific optimizations enabled?
If not, how can I do it?

Thanks,
Adam