[U-Boot-Users] Porting u-boot to new hardware

Jachym Holecek freza at psi.cz
Tue Feb 18 18:34:55 CET 2003

On Tue, Feb 18, 2003 at 02:39:31PM +0100, August Hoerandl wrote:
> 2b) starting the hello_world program
>
> => go 04300000
> ## Starting application at 0x04300000 ...
> ## Application terminated, rc = 0x0
> =>
>
> but no output; i changed the counter i to "static" and looked at this memory
> with md: the value changes according to the number of arguments
>
> conclusion: the hello_world program is running, but the output functions
> don't work
>

> Has anyone done similar things and solved this problems?

  From what I've seen, the 'syscalls' are not implemented for ARM (hello_world.c
doesn't work for me on the LART either). Look at the *.S file at examples/.
Thus, standalone applications cannot run (or better said - do anything much
useful) as of now.

  When I'm at it, I have trouble with u-boot on the LART - the board hangs
(no response on serial, it is a default build and everything else seems to work
fine) as soon as I try to loads something. I didn't yet begin to track this
down, just in case anyone went into the same problem...

Regards,
	-- Jachym Holecek