[U-Boot-Users] Porting u-boot to new hardware

Robert Schwebel robert at schwebel.de
Fri Feb 21 21:26:01 CET 2003

August,

sorry for my late answer - I have been at the Embedded World for the
last week.

On Tue, Feb 18, 2003 at 02:39:31PM +0100, August Hoerandl wrote:
> problems so far:
> 1)   lib_arm/board.c
>     dram_init  (line 176)  is called as
>    	if ((*init_fnc_ptr)() != 0) {
> 			hang ();
>
>  i copied this from board/lubbock/lubbock.c - this function returns the
>  size of the memory, which is always != 0. same in board/cradle/cradle.c .
>  am i the first one to get so far?

Kyle has already mentioned my patches - look at our homepage, I have put
my latest snapshot there, mostly as a reference until Wolfgang has found
some time for integrating it into CVS. Anyway, the memory initialisation
works here.

> 2) starting the example program hello_world

Didn't try this, but there have been some memory map topics (for example
ARMBoot had the stack above the relocated code, not below like stated in
the README). The .bss segment has not been initialized with 0 in the
original code which could also be a source of problems.

Robert
   Braunschweiger Str. 79,  31134 Hildesheim, Germany
    Phone: +49-5121-28619-0 |  Fax: +49-5121-28619-4