[U-Boot-Users] 405Gpr

Jerry Walden jwalden at digitalatlantic.com
Thu Feb 27 23:07:51 CET 2003

okay - makes sense.

So I have a few simple questions:

1)Is there a preffered place that I can put the initialization of
my CompactFlash card?

2)When I bootm xxxx_xxxx where xxxx_xxxx is in the CompactFlash - do I need
write a special read routine?  The only mode (I think) I can place the
CompactFlash
device in is PC Card Memory Mode.  As I read the specs for this device, it
looks like
I'll need a loop before I read each word like:

while (not ready) {
  read CompactFlash Status Register
  mask what I read back
  if (mask == 0x00yy)
     ready = TRUE
}
read_a_16bit word.

Since the CompactFlash is a 16 bit device, do I need to change the bootm
code so that
I get all 32 bits?

Thanks

Jerry Walden