[U-Boot-Users] How To Use gdb w/ u-boot source tree

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Jan 2 13:01:38 CET 2003

In message <EGEGIJHKDKJGAJMGIDPNOEKFCDAA.jwalden at digitalatlantic.com> you wrote:
> I am quite new with these tools, it looked to me like gdb is just a
> command line debugger, and cannot do source level debugging without
> some other front end on top of it.

The term "command line debugger" makes no sense to me.

GDB is a full-fledged source level debugger which uses a command line
interface. Of course you can do _all_ source  level  debugging  using
just  GDB  without  any  of  the  frontends  that provide things like
graphical user interfaces. Usually you can do MORE things,  and  work
faster with plain GDB (assuming that you know your tools).

Best regards, and a Happy New Year!

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
I perceive a possibility of an immediate  chronological  sequence  of
events which includes a violence.
                        - Terry Pratchett, _The Dark Side of the Sun_