[U-Boot-Users] PPC405GP - uboot - can't get past stackloop

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon Jan 6 00:02:41 CET 2003

In message <EGEGIJHKDKJGAJMGIDPNEEAECEAA.jwalden at digitalatlantic.com> you wrote:

> 	Now - I start tracing from the _start, and I get to:
>
> 	..stackloop
> 		stwu	r4, -4(r2)
> 		bdnz	..stackloop

Stop right before "..stackloop" and verify that  the  stack  area  is
really  readable  and  writable, i. e. check if your initial RAM area
(in data cache or OCM ?) is configured correctly and working.

> 	If I set a breakpoint after the bdnz, the debugger never breaks - it is
> though it is in
> 	an infinite loop.

...because the CPU never gets there, because it's taking an exception
before?

> 	If I "interrupt" in DDD, the following message is displayed:
>
> 	Program received signal SIGSTOP, Stopped(Signal)
> 		0x00000700 in ??()

Right, an exception happened.

> 	Any hint as to what might be going wrong?

Your initial RAM area is configured incorrectly and does not work?

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
We are drowning in information but starved for knowledge.
                                         -- John Naisbitt, Megatrends