[U-Boot-Users] kernel parameters for ARM

Robert Schwebel robert at schwebel.de
Thu Jan 16 00:29:14 CET 2003

Hi,

I currently have the problem that on my PXA250 based board the kernel
command line parameters from the u-boot environment variable "bootargs"
are not actually transferred to the kernel.

When looking at the code in lib_arm/armlinux.c:do_bootm_linux() I'm
wondering how the code is intended to work: the setup_commandline_tag()
function puts some stuff in the 'params' structure, but I cannot see
that this information is passed on to the kernel. The kernel call does
only transfer the architecture number, and the only other thing which
could do the job is cleanup_before_linux() (which doesn't do it).

Robert
   Braunschweiger Str. 79,  31134 Hildesheim, Germany
    Phone: +49-5121-28619-0 |  Fax: +49-5121-28619-4