[U-Boot-Users] How can I save zImage & fsimage.tar into Flash memory then boot

Kyle Harris kharris at nexus-tech.net
Tue Jul 1 14:20:02 CEST 2003

On Tuesday 01 July 2003 06:02 am, Jacob Chan wrote:

> I am using diff-2.4.18-rmk7-pxa3 kernel.
> Could you tell me the complete command about mkimage that you type
> I am type mkimage -A arm -O linux -T kernel -C none -a 0xa0200000 -e
> 0xc0004000 -n zImage -d zImage bootm

I think this has been discussed on this mailing list before.

Here is the procedure I use for creating a bootable image for PXA.

arm-linux-objcopy -S -O binary vmlinux linux
gzip -vf9 linux
mkimage -n kernel_name -A arm -O linux -T kernel -C gzip -a a0008000 \
              -e a0008000 -d linux.gz linuxgz.image

I then copy this in to flash at 0x40000 and boot with "bootm 40000". Since I
use a mtd device as the rootfs there is only a single arg to the bootm
command.

HTH, Kyle.