[U-Boot-Users] BMP logo format?

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Jul 1 22:24:00 CEST 2003

Dear Michael,

in message <69FBAA0E-ABFF-11D7-8137-00039390D626 at pepper.com> you wrote:
> I would love to create my own logo for display when u-boot runs.  Can

Why that? Don't you like our logo? :-)

> someone tell me what format I need to create a BMP file in?  I know

Ummm... it must be in BMP format, of course.

> there is a utility in tools called bmp_logo that converts the BMP to a
> header file.
>
> Does my BMP need to be a certain size and how many number of colors?

Don't make it too big; you will be  wasting  screen  space  otherwise
(and  may need / want to adjust the text formatting, too). You should
make sure that the logo uses the same number of colors per  pixel  as
your LCD uses (usually 8bpp).

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
Unix: Some say the learning curve is steep,  but  you  only  have  to
climb it once.                                      - Karl Lehenbauer