[U-Boot-Users] Function pointers after relocation

Robin Gilks robin.gilks at tait.co.nz
Tue Jul 8 07:48:13 CEST 2003

Nye Liu wrote:
> Is this at all related to this problem:
>
> http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=5376039
>
> i.e. env not being copied from flash in relocate() when ENV_IS_EMBEDDED
> is set?

The effect is the same but the setting of ENV_IS_EMBEDDED is neither
here nor there as I'm starting from a configuration file for the FADS
board. This has only 8 sectors of 256k each so it makes no sense to
embed the environment (wastes too much space) - the problem as you say
is that it never gets copied out of Flash into RAM !!

I'm going to 'have a go' at cpu/mpc8xx/start.S to modify it for the FADS
case but since I've never used ppc assembler before it may take a while!!

I think if I can identify where I get the source (presumably
GOT(environment)) and destination (not found this yet) addresses and the
length of the environment (I'll use the config define) at the assembler
level then I'll be able to hack something together!!

Never will so few lines of code have taken so long to write :-))

--
Robin Gilks
Senior Design Engineer              Phone: (+64)(3) 357 1569
PO Box 1645 Christchurch        Email : robin.gilks at tait.co.nz
New Zealand