[U-Boot-Users] Swapping in IDE driver

Marc Singer elf at buici.com
Wed Jul 16 01:11:56 CEST 2003

I'm working to get the IDE driver working with an ARM cpu.  I'd like
to reconcile the three places where swapping does or ought to occur.

  1) On PPC, the IDENTITY block is byte swapped as it is read.
  2) The identity strings within the IDENTITY block are not
     byte-swapped.
  3) The LBA count is always word-swapped.

On an ARM, the combination that works is to swap the identity strings
*only*.  Enabling the PPC byte swapping will fix the strings, but it
garbles the LBA count.  It is possible that the reason this is so
different on my target is that IDE controller IO is 16 bits wide.

So, I'm looking for someone who is familiar with the current IDE
driver so that I know the right way to integrate my changes.

Cheers.