[U-Boot-Users] Serial terminal & u-Boot

Brian S. Park brian at corelis.com
Wed Jul 23 19:05:22 CEST 2003

Thank you for your reply.

Though I don't remember where, I saw somewhere that I need to enable
CONFIG_SERIAL_SOFTWARE_FIFO for 405gp processor.

I tried disabling it and serial terminal does not work any more.
It looks like I have to figure out a way to use interrupt driven serial
port without the hand shake.

Thank you for the info.

Brian

At 09:36 AM 7/23/2003 +0200, Anders Larsen wrote:
>"Brian S. Park" <brian at corelis.com> schreibt:
> >Hi all,
> >I'm using u-Boot 0.4.0 with our custom board based on IBM walnut.
> >I noticed that if I do not have the HyperTerminal running, the boot
> >process
> >never proceeds.
> >
> >If I power up the target with out HyperTerminal running, it never comes
> >up.
> >As soon as start HyperTerminal, I see print out for Kernel download and
> >the
> >board boots up. It looks as though it was waiting for the serial
> >communication before it starts downloading the kernel over the ethernet.
> >
> >Is this normal behavior? Is there a way to make it boot up regardless of
> >whether a serial terminal is connected or not?
>
>Hi,
>
>did you by any chance enable CONFIG_SERIAL_SOFTWARE_FIFO ?
>In that case the driver uses CTS/RTS handshake, which would explain your
>problem.
>
>HTH
>Cheers
>         Anders

Brian S. Park  brian at corelis.com  (562) 926-6727 x143
Everything we do helps our customers get to market
FASTER with HIGHER quality and LOWER cost