[U-Boot-Users] heap location (PXA)

Nemec, Bernhard Bernhard.Nemec at jaeger-toennies.com
Mon Jul 28 10:24:53 CEST 2003

Hi,

I'm porting u-boot 0.4.0 to a custom PXA255 board similar to the CSB226, of
which I used the configuration as a starting point.

What I'm confused about ATM is _armboot_real_end, which is used for heap
initialisation with mem_malloc_init() in lib_arm/board.c.

1 - _armboot_real_end has the value 0x0BADC0DE, which is not in RAM, but in
FLASH range of the PXA.

2 - the heap is supposed to be located *below* u-boot, not above, since
u-boot itself gets relocated to the upper end of RAM.

Therefore I would propose to change

      mem_malloc_init (_armboot_real_end);
      mem_malloc_init ( _armboot_start - CFG_MALLOC_LEN );

in start_armboot().

I'm interested in any thoughts on the subject.

Thanks,
Bernhard