[U-Boot-Users] heap location (PXA)

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Jul 29 23:39:01 CEST 2003

In message <FD2AC9A020DDD51194710008C7089B200BEE222C at dlee17.itg.ti.com>
Richard Woodruff wrote:

> The memory map for ARM is not as documented in the u-boot README (which is

Right, this is what Robert Schwebel mentioned.

> still fairly powerpc centric in several spots).  I can't say that it has

Patches that improve this situation are welcome.

> Fixing the memory map to match would be nice from a consistency standpoint,
> but I'm not sure if there is any great functional gain from it.  If there is

As you can see the code works fine on many boards as is, so there  is
no  functional  gain.  But  we  probably could get rid of a couple of
files which are  now  architecture  specific  without  any  technical
reason. In the end, the code would become more readable. Or so ;-)

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing,  but it is not  one
half so bad as a lot of ignorance.   - Terry Pratchett, _Equal Rites_