[U-Boot-Users] debugging U-Boot on custom board.

Brian S. Park brian at corelis.com
Mon Jun 2 20:30:16 CEST 2003

Hello all,
I need advice on how I would go about debugging u-Boot on a custom board.

Our custom board is based on IBM Walnut demo board and it is able to boot
IBM open BIOS (which came with the demo board) without any modification.
However, u-Boot does not. I get nothing on the serial console.

Can I use IBM RISC watch to debug u-Boot? Quick glance through their
documentation seems to imply that GCC compiled code is not supported.

Sorry if this is a FAQ. Any help/pointers will be appreciated.

Thank you.

Brian S. Park  brian at corelis.com  (562) 926-6727 x143
Everything we do helps our customers get to market
FASTER with HIGHER quality and LOWER cost