[U-Boot-Users] u-boot

Steve Brockway steve at str8line.com
Tue Jun 3 02:01:54 CEST 2003

I am new to this type of mailing list. Please let me know if I step out of bounds.

Need help with configuring u-boot for our MPC8245.

Processor has been running for a year with VxWorks. Therefore we know it works.

Setup
1) VisionProbe with configuration files.
2) We can erase flash and download new programs.
3) I know the BDI2000 is popular but we own the VisionProbe.
4) Processor
        266MHZ Processor
        66 MHZ buss
        PCI has an LSI53C1010R on it.
        8MByte flash  64bit buss (AM29F160xB) 0xFF80_0000 to 0xFFFF_FFFF
        256MB SRAM 64bit buss 0x0000_0000 to 0x1000_0000-1 (0x0FFF_FFFF)
        One serial port works.

To date here is what I have done.
1) Installed Eldk. I am able to compile any of the specific boards.
2) Choose as a starting point: CPC45.h  This was because they discussed using 64bit buss for Flash
3) Edited the CPC45.h file, attempting to make appropriate changes.
4)  Ran make CPC45_config
5) Ran make
6) Downloaded the files to our board.
    At 0xfff0_0100  I get the U-boot id message
    Execution seems to start at 0xfff0_0100.
7) Connect Hypertermial to our serial port.
     I get output but only funny characters. Looks like a baud rate problem but I changed baud rates from 2400 to 57800 and still get funny chcracters.

This is where I am. We are still novices at this. We could be changing code for a long time before we get it right.

What I would like:

1) Any advice.
2) Anyone willing to configure u-boot for our board? We of course can pay.
3) Insights on how to determine what setup function might be wrong.
4) We do not want to configure the SCSI chip at this time. We will never be use SCSI to boot a disk drive. We will use linux drivers for the chip in question.

Thanks in advance.

Steve Brockway