[U-Boot-Users] Kermit + minicom + u-boot

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Sun Jun 8 21:51:06 CEST 2003

In message <FD2AC9A020DDD51194710008C7089B20053D4C5B at dlee17.itg.ti.com> you wrote:

> Is there any problem using this combination for serial downloads into
> u-boot.  I've not had much luck.  I was mildly surprised that the "Building
> Embedded Linux Systems Book" by Yaghmour, singled out minicom as not working

Karim is right. Minicom is broken, even if some people like to use it.

> well with u-boot.  Minicom has been around so long that I thought it would
> just work......that and when you check your minicom log it just calls
> /usr/bin/kermit anyway.
>
> Any suggestions for what is bet to use?  cu,seyon, c-kermit directly,
> g-kermit ...

I always recommend to use "cu" for S-record download, and C-Kermit in
all other cases.

BTW: this has been discussed on tgghe mailing list MANY times before.
Please have a look at the archive beffore posting nest time!

> ------_=_NextPart_001_01C32C8B.23090FD0

> <HTML><HEAD>
> <META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" CONTENT="text/html; charset=us-ascii">
> <TITLE>Message</TITLE>

Please do not send HTML messages.

Please send plain text only.

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
"Wish not to seem, but to be, the best."                  - Aeschylus