[U-Boot-Users] 8260 SMC2 driver not receiving characters

Kodis Babu Janardhanan kodisj at qualcomm.com
Mon Jun 9 23:18:34 CEST 2003

Hi all,
   I made a u-boot binary with the custom configuration for my 8260
board.  I am using SMC2 as the serial device. When I boot using BDI, It
comes upto the boot prompt and does not receive characters.  When I don't
use BDI, it does not even come to the command prompt, it crashes in
between, I don't know why?.  I am guessing that the serial driver reception
is broken?.  I was looking at the serial driver code, looks like it is
using polling mechanism instead of interrupts.  Is the problem points to
the serial clks or the driver itself?  Has anyone used SMC2 as the serial
driver in the U-boot code.  I was comparing the getc function of
smc_serial.c and uart.c, one is using the while loop to wait and the other
is using the for loop to wait, does it make a difference.  Can anyone tell
me what is going on?

-Kodis