[U-Boot-Users] Return convention for eth_init() ?

Woodruff, Richard r-woodruff2 at ti.com
Thu Jun 19 18:53:53 CEST 2003

Sorry about the HTML.  My win machine which is on the side for mail, seems
to sneak settings changes in.

Should I add an error check into ./net/net.c's NetLoop?  It seems that
trying to write to the hardware if it didn't respond or had a problem could
cause problems with our own board, and possibly the network its on.
Unfortunately, as many of the eth_ints don't report errors uniformly it
would break some code...I could change other code bits, but I can't test
them...

Oh well, I'll probably report the error properly, and forget to add the
check.  I of coarse can change it locally but I'd rather not diverge to
much.

Regards,

Richard W.