[U-Boot-Users] script examples...

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon Jun 23 22:21:57 CEST 2003

In message <7C52E0B9-A5B7-11D7-A774-00039390D626 at pepper.com> you wrote:
> This sounds what I need but I get syntax errors when trying the
> following:

Well, check with a real shell - the syntax is the same:

> if fatls <filename> then run erase 0x00000000 0x0003ffff
> else
> run bootm
> fi
>
> Should this work?

No, there is a separator missing. Either

	if fatls <filename>
	then run erase 0x00000000 0x0003ffff
	else
	run bootm
	fi

or

	if fatls <filename> ; then run erase 0x00000000 0x0003ffff
	else
	run bootm
	fi

should work.

One word of a warning, though: "run bootm" means you have  defined  a
vaiable  "bootm"  which  contains  some commands; but there is also a
U-Boot command "bootm" - there is  no  problem  with  that,  it  will
actually  work  fine,  but  for  matters  of style I recommend to use
different names, though.

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
If I had to live my life again,  I'd  make  the  same  mistakes, only
sooner.                                          -- Tallulah Bankhead