[U-Boot-Users] uploading OS over network instead of u-boot do wnloading it from a server.

Woodruff, Richard r-woodruff2 at ti.com
Tue Jun 24 23:38:40 CEST 2003

If system requirements allow for it, adding in a simple zeroconf ip address
assignment would seem to be ideal in a lot of situations.  All you need to
do is a hash on a mac, some arp broadcasts, and you up :)  www.zeroconf.org
.  There also is some service discovery stuff but I've not looked to deeply
at that aspect of it.  Linux has a patch for it, microsoft and apple have
been using it for a while. Next time you see a 169.x.x.x address you know
where it came from. :)