[U-Boot-Users] FADS and ICU862 Environment problems

Nye Liu nyet at mrv.com
Thu Jun 26 23:40:57 CEST 2003

On Thu, Jun 26, 2003 at 08:50:27AM +0200, Wolfgang Denk wrote:
> In message <20030624235953.GA16810 at zumanetworks.com> you wrote:
> >
> > > I don't know who designed it that way (because I don't care about the
> > > FADS board), but according to "board/fads/u-boot.lds" the environment
> > > on this board is aligned on  a  256kB  boundary  _after_  the  U-Boot
> > > image.  So  MONITOR_LENGTH  must  not  include  the  environment, and
> > > ENV_IS_EMBEDDED shall not be set.
> >
> > In which case NOTHING in environment.c is compiled, and "environment"
> > goes unresolved....

unresolved, meaning:

ld -Bstatic -T /home/nyet/src/local/u-boot/board/fads/u-boot.lds -Ttext 0x02800000 -n cpu/mpc8xx/start.o \
                --start-group board/fads/libfads.a cpu/mpc8xx/libmpc8xx.a lib_ppc/libppc.a fs/jffs2/libjffs2.a fs/fdos/libfdos.a net/libnet.a disk/libdisk.a rtc/librtc.a dtt/libdtt.a drivers/libdrivers.a post/libpost.a post/cpu/libcpu.a common/libcommon.a lib_generic/libgeneric.a --end-group \
                -Map u-boot.map -o u-boot
cpu/mpc8xx/start.o(.got2+0x24):/local/nyet-build/u-boot-mrv/cpu/mpc8xx/start.S:99: undefined reference to `environment'
make: *** [u-boot] Error 1

--
Nye Liu
nliu at mrv.com
(818) 772-6235x248

"Who would be stupid enough to quote a fictitious character?"
	-- Don Quixote