[U-Boot-Users] FADS and ICU862 Environment problems

Nye Liu nyet at mrv.com
Fri Jun 27 00:41:47 CEST 2003

On Fri, Jun 27, 2003 at 12:31:29AM +0200, Wolfgang Denk wrote:
> In message <20030626221032.GA28649 at zumanetworks.com> you wrote:
> >
> > Ok. To summarize:
> >
> > If ENV_IS_EMBEDDED is set in FADS, it does not get copied during
> > relocation due to common/env_flash.c
> >
> > If ENV_IS_EMBEDDED is NOT set (by reducing MONITOR_LEN to not
> > include ENV), i get this error.

....  snip
> You are right,  the  environment  will  NOT  be  copied  in  function
> env_relocate_spec()  in "common/env_flash.c", but it _will_ be copied
> in  function  env_relocate()   in   "common/env_common.c"   (assuming
> gd->env_valid is zero).
>

> I think this is correct. What am I missing?

but that is the default environment that is copied, not the saved
copy stored via saveenv? When is the saved environment restored?
relocate_code() never copies it since it is AFTER __init_end due
to the way u-boot.lds locates environment.o after .bss

--
Nye Liu
nliu at mrv.com
(818) 772-6235x248

"Who would be stupid enough to quote a fictitious character?"
	-- Don Quixote