[U-Boot-Users] U-Boot-0.4.0 released
Abhishek.Karoliya at fci.com
Fri Jun 27 14:54:04 CEST 2003
I am trying to retrieve the code from the cvs with the tag
"U-Boot-0_4_0" but this is what I got
cvs [server aborted]: no such tag U-Boot-0_4_0
what am i missing????
From: Wolfgang Denk [mailto:wd at denx.de]
Sent: Friday, 27 June 2003 1:44 PM
To: u-boot-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Cc: ppcboot-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [U-Boot-Users] U-Boot-0.4.0 released
A new version of U-Boot has been released. It is named
U-Boot-0.4.0 and tagged as "U-Boot-0_4_0" on the CVS server.
A tarball is available at
* New boards: A3000, RMU, TQM862L, TQM8xxM, MIP405T, RBC823,
PPC405EP, ASH405, BUBINGA405EP, CPCI405AB, PMC405, MIP405-3,
ATC, GEN860_SC, TQM8255
* New processors: IBM 750FX, Atmel AT91RM9200DK, Intel PXA
* Header file cleanup
* Support for FAT filesystems
* Support for MMC
* Major reconstruction of networking code
* Fix/extend nand flash support
* Add splash-screen support
Changes for U-Boot 0.4.0:
* Patches by Robert Schwebel, 26 Jun 2003:
- csb226 configuration updated
- credits for logodl port updated
- innokom configuration updated
- logodl tree update, still with coding style inconsistencies
- added OCM for ppc405 warning to README
* Patch by Pantelis Antoniou, 25 Jun 2003:
update NetVia with V2 board support
* Header file cleanup for ARM
* Patch by Murray Jensen, 24 Jun 2003:
- make sure to use only U-boot provided header files
- fix problems with ".rodata.str1.4" section as used by GCC-3.x
* Patch by Stefan Roese, 24 Jun 2003:
- Update esd ASH405 board files.
- Update esd DASA_SIM config file.
- Add ping command to some esd boards.
* Patch by Yuli Barcohen, 23 Jun 2003:
Update for MPC8260ADS board
* Patch by Murray Jensen, 23 Jun 2003:
- cleanup of GCC 3.x compiler warnings
* Patch by Rune Torgersen, 4 Jun 2003:
add large memory support for MPC8266ADS board
* Patch by Richard Woodruff, 19 June 03:
- Enabled standard u-boot device abstraction for ARM
- Enabled console device for ARM
- Initilized bi_baudrate for ARM
* Patch by Bill Hargen, 23 Apr 2003:
fix byte order for 824x I2C addresses (write op)
* Patch by Murray Jensen, 20 Jun 2003:
- hymod update
- cleanup (especially for gcc-3.x compilers)
* Patch by Tom Guilliams, 20 Jun 2003:
added CONFIG_750FX support for IBM 750FX processors
* Patch by Devin Crumb, 02 Apr 2003:
Fix clock divider rounding problem in drivers/serial.c
* Patch by Richard Woodruff, 19 June 03:
- Fixed smc91c111 driver to sync with the u-boot environment
- Added eth_init error return check in NetLoop (net/net.c).
* Patch by Ken Chou, 19 June 2003:
Added support for A3000 SBC board (Artis Microsystems Inc.)
* Patches by Murray Jensen, 17 Jun 2003:
- Hymod board database mods: add "who" field and new xilinx chip types
- provide new "init_cmd_timeout()" function so code external to
"common/main.c" can use the "reset_cmd_timeout()" function before
entering the main loop
- add DTT support for adm1021 (new file dtt/adm1021.c; config
slightly different. see include/configs/hymod.h for an example
(requires CONFIG_DTT_ADM1021, CONFIG_DTT_SENSORS, and
- add new "eeprom_probe()" function which has similar args and
behaves in a similar way to "eeprom_read()" etc.
- add 8260 FCC ethernet loopback code (new "eth_loopback_test()"
function which is enabled by defining CONFIG_ETHER_LOOPBACK_TEST)
- gdbtools copyright update
- ensure that set_msr() executes the "sync" and "isync" instructions
after the "mtmsr" instruction in cpu/mpc8260/interrupts.c
- 8260 I/O ports fix: Open Drain should be set last when configuring
- add SIU IRQ defines for 8260
- allow LDSCRIPT override and OBJCFLAGS initialization: change to
config.mk to allow board configurations to override the GNU
linker script, selected via the LDSCRIPT, make variable, and to
give an initial value to the OBJCFLAGS make variable
- 8260 i2c enhancement:
o correctly extends the timeout depending on the size of all
queued messages for both transmit and receive
o will not continue with receive if transmit times out
o ensures that the error callback is done for all queued tx
and rx messages
o correctly detects both tx and rx timeouts, only delivers one to
the callback, and does not overwrite an earlier error
o logic in i2c_probe now correct
- add "vprintf()" function so that "panic()" function can be
- many Hymod board changes
* Patches by Robert Schwebel, 14 Jun 2003:
- add support for Logotronic DL datalogger board
- cleanup serial line after kermit binary download
- add debugX macro (debug level support)
- update mach-types.h to latest arm.linux.org.uk master list.
* Patches by David Müller, 12 Jun 2003:
- rewrite of the S3C24X0 register definitions stuff
- "driver" for the built-in S3C24X0 RTC
* Patches by Yuli Barcohen, 12 Jun 2003:
- Add MII support and Ethernet PHY initialization for MPC8260ADS board
- Fix incorrect SIUMCR initialisation caused by wrong Hard Reset
configuration word supplied by FPGA on some MPC8260ADS boards
* Patch by Pantelis Antoniou, 10 Jun 2003:
Unify status LED interface
* Add support for DS12887 RTC; add RTC support for ATC board
* Patch by Nicolas Lacressonniere, 11 Jun 2003:
Modifications for Atmel AT91RM9200DK ARM920T based development kit
- Add Atmel DataFlash support for reading and writing.
- Add possibility to boot a Linux from DataFlash with BOOTM command.
- Add Flash detection on Atmel AT91RM9200DK
(between Atmel AT49BV1614 and AT49BV1614A flashes)
- Replace old Ethernet PHY layer functions
- Change link address
* Patch by Frank Smith, 9 Jun 2003:
use CRIT_EXCEPTION for machine check on 4xx
* Patch by Detlev Zundel, 13 Jun 2003:
added implementation of the "carinfo" command in cmd_immap.c
* Fix CONFIG_NET_MULTI support in include/net.h
* Patches by Kyle Harris, 13 Mar 2003:
- Add FAT partition support
- Add command support for FAT
- Add command support for MMC
- Add Intel PXA support for video
- Add Intel PXA support for MMC
- Enable MMC and FAT for lubbock board
- Other misc changes for lubbock board
* Patch by Robert Schwebel, April 02, 2003:
fix for SMSC91111 driver
* Patch by Vladimir Gurevich, 04 Jun 2003:
make ppc405 ethernet driver compatible with CONFIG_NET_MULTI option
* Patch by Stefan Roese, 05 Jun 2003:
- PPC4xx: Fix bug for initial stack in data cache as pointed out by
Thomas Schaefer (tschaefer at giga-stream.de). Now inital stack in
data cache can be used even if the chip select is in use.
- CFG_RX_ETH_BUFFER added to set the ethernet receive buffer count
(see README for further description).
- Changed config files of CONFIG_EEPRO100 boards to use the
* Add support for RMU board
* Add support for TQM862L at 100/50 MHz
* Patch by Pantelis Antoniou, 02 Jun 2003:
major reconstruction of networking code;
add "ping" support (outgoing only!)
* Patch by Denis Peter, 04 June 2003:
add support for the MIP405T board
* Patches by Udi Finkelstein, 2 June 2003:
- Added support for custom keyboards, initialized by defining a
board-specific drv_keyboard_init as well as defining CONFIG_KEYBOARD .
- Added support for the RBC823 board.
- cpu/mpc8xx/lcd.c now automatically calculates the
Horizontal Pixel Count field.
* Fix alignment problem in BOOTP (dhcp_leasetime option)
[pointed out by Nicolas Lacressonnière, 2 Jun 2003]
* Patch by Mark Rakes, 14 May 2003:
add support for Intel e1000 gig cards.
* Patch by Nye Liu, 3 Jun 2003:
fix critical typo in MAMR definition (include/mpc8xx.h)
* Fix requirement to align U-Boot image on 16 kB boundaries on PPC.
* Patch by Klaus Heydeck, 2 Jun 2003
Minor changes for KUP4K configuration
* Patch by Marc Singer, 29 May 2003:
Fixed rarp boot method for IA32 and other little-endian CPUs.
* Patch by Marc Singer, 28 May 2003:
Added port I/O commands.
* Patch by Matthew McClintock, 28 May 2003
- cpu/mpc824x/start.S: fix relocation code when booting from RAM
- minor patches for utx8245
* Patch by Daniel Engström, 28 May 2003:
* Patch by Dave Ellis, 9 May 2003 + 27 May 2003:
add nand flash support to SXNI855T configuration
fix/extend nand flash support:
- fix 'nand erase' command so does not erase bad blocks
- fix 'nand write' command so does not write to bad blocks
- fix nand_probe() so handles no flash detected properly
- add doc/README.nand
- add .jffs2 and .oob options to nand read/write
- add 'nand bad' command to list bad blocks
- add 'clean' option to 'nand erase' to write JFFS2 clean markers
- make NAND read/write faster
* Patch by Rune Torgersen, 23 May 2003:
Update for MPC8266ADS board
* Get (mostly) rid of CFG_MONITOR_LEN definition; compute real length
instead CFG_MONITOR_LEN is now only used to determine _at_compile_
_time_ (!) if the environment is embedded within the U-Boot image,
or in a separate flash sector.
* Cleanup CFG_DER #defines in config files (wd maintained only)
* Fix data abort exception handling for arm920t CPU
* Fix alignment problems with flash driver for TRAB board
* Patch by Donald White, 21 May 2003:
fix calculation of base address in pci_hose_config_device()
* Fix bug in command line parsing: "cmd1;cmd2" is supposed to always
execute "cmd2", even if "cmd1" fails. Note that this is different
to "run var1 var2" where the contents of "var2" will NOT be
executed when a command in "var1" fails.
* Add zero-copy ramdisk support (requires corresponding kernel support!)
* Patch by Kyle Harris, 20 May 2003:
In preparation for an ixp port, rename cpu/xscale and arch-xscale
into cpu/pxa and arch-pxa.
* Patch by Stefan Roese, 23 May 2003:
- IBM PPC405EP port added.
- CONFIG_UART1_CONSOLE added. If defined internal UART1 (and not
UART0) is used as default U-Boot console. PPC4xx only!
- esd ASH405 board added (PPC405EP based).
- BUBINGA405EP board added (PPC405EP based - IBM Eval Board).
- esd CPCI405AB board added.
- esd PMC405 board added.
- Update of some esd boards.
* Patch by Denis Peter, 19 Mai 2003:
add support for the MIP405-3 board
* Patch by Dave Ellis, 22 May 2003:
Fix problem with only partially cleared .bss segment
* Patch by Rune Torgersen, 12 May 2003:
get PCI to work on a MPC8266ADS board; incorporate change to
cpu/mpc8260/pci.c to enable overrides of PCI memory parameters
* Patch by Nye Liu, 1 May 2003:
minor patches for the FADS8xx
* Patch by Thomas Schäfer, 28 Apr 2003:
Fix SPD handling for 256 ECC DIMM on Walnut
* Add support for arbitrary bitmaps for TRAB's VFD command;
allow to pass boot bitmap addresses in environment variables;
allow for zero boot delay
* Patch by Christian Geißinger, 19 May 2002:
On TRAB: wait until the dummy byte has been completely sent
* Patch by David Updegraff, 22 Apr 2003:
update for CrayL1 board
* Patch by Pantelis Antoniou, 21 Apr 2003:
add boot support for ARTOS (a proprietary OS)
* Patch by Steven Scholz, 11 Apr 2003:
Add support for RTC DS1338
* Patch by Rod Boyce, 24 Jan 2003:
Fix counting of extended partitions in diskboot command
* Patch by Christophe Lindheimer, 20 May 2003:
allow the use of CFG_LOADS when CFG_NO_FLASH is set
* Fix SDRAM timing on Purple board
* Add support for CompactFlash on ATC board
(includes support for Intel 82365 and compatible PC Card controllers,
and Yenta-compatible PCI-to-CardBus controllers)
* Patch by Mathijs Haarman, 08 May 2003:
Add lan91c96 driver (tested on Lubbock and custom PXA250 board only)
* Fix problem with usage of "true" (undefined in current versions of bfd.h)
* Add support for Promess ATC board
* Patch by Keith Outwater, 28 Apr 2003:
- Miscellaneous corrections and additions to GEN860T board specific code.
- Added GEN860_SC variant to GEN860T.
- Miscellaneous corrections to GEN860T documentation.
- Correct duplicate entry in U-Boot CREDITS file.
- Add GEN860T_SC entry in MAINTAINERS file.
- Update CREDITS file with GEN860T_SC info.
* Update Smiths Aerospace addresses in MAINTAINERS file
* Fix error handling in hush's version of "run" command
* LWMON extensions:
- Splashscreen support
- modem support
- sysmon support
- temperature dependend enabling of LCD
* Allow booting from old "PPCBoot" disk partitions
* Add support for TQM8255 Board / MPC8255 CPU
Software Engineering: Embedded and Realtime Systems, Embedded Linux
Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87 Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88 Email: wd at denx.de
"How is this place run - is it an anarchy?"
"No, I wouldn't say so; it is not that well organised..."
This SF.Net email is sponsored by: INetU
Attention Web Developers & Consultants: Become An INetU Hosting Partner.
Refer Dedicated Servers. We Manage Them. You Get 10% Monthly Commission!
INetU Dedicated Managed Hosting http://www.inetu.net/partner/index.php
U-Boot-Users mailing list
U-Boot-Users at lists.sourceforge.net
More information about the U-Boot