[U-Boot-Users] soft_i2c and ds1307 with tqm823l

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon Jun 30 14:50:29 CEST 2003

In message <3F002ED5.4050803 at peak.uklinux.net> you wrote:

> > Some investigation has shown that I need to set I2C_SDA and I2C_SCL to
> > the name of the correct functions.  What are the possibilities for
> > these? The same seems to be true of I2C_READ.

These are macros that define code (think of inline functions) to  set
the  SDA  resp. SCL port pin to high (bit=1) or low (bit-0). I2C_READ
will read the state of the SDA port pin.

Isn't this obvious from the sources?

> > What are the units for I2C_DELAY? I'm assuming seconds. Why is there

Again, see  the  source  code.  A  definition  like  this  should  be
self-explainatory:

	#define I2C_DELAY      udelay(5)       /* 1/4 I2C clock duration */

> > both I2C_DELAY and CFG_I2C_SPEED to configure? These seem to configure
> > the same thing  - the speed of the I2C clock line.

Hysterical reasons. I2C_DELAY => soft_i2c, CFG_I2C_SPEED => hard-i2c

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
A dog always bit deepest on the veterinary hand.
                                    - Terry Pratchett, _Wyrd Sisters_