[U-Boot-Users] I2C Initialization

Robert Schwebel robert at schwebel.de
Wed Mar 5 18:39:22 CET 2003

On Wed, Mar 05, 2003 at 03:44:41PM +0100, Robert Schwebel wrote:
> All these answers let me conclude that we need a board specific
> board_i2c_reset() function. I'll prepare a patch.

I have a patch in my local working copy but it becomes more and more
difficult to sort it out as my tree begins to differ significantly from
the CVS. Wolfgang, can you estimate when you'll find some time to look
at my PXA patches? I don't want to push you, but if it'll be some time
I'll make another snapshot of my tree available on our homepage.

What I've done is to add an CFG_I2C_COLDSTART option. When set
i2c_coldstart(), implemented in board/myboard/myboard.c, is called from
lib_xxx/board.c early in the boot sequence, especially before the
environment was read.

Robert
   Braunschweiger Str. 79,  31134 Hildesheim, Germany
    Phone: +49-5121-28619-0 |  Fax: +49-5121-28619-4