[U-Boot-Users] Boot the kernel from a JFFS2 filesystem

Vladimir Gurevich vag at paulidav.org
Thu Mar 6 01:51:19 CET 2003

Dear Wolfgang,

Wolfgang Denk wrote:
> Of course, as I'm compiling for a PowerPC system.

BUT, when you compile stuff in /tools you use a native
compiler, as you mentioned in the previous email, don't you?

That points out to a small problem in U-boot (and Linux)
include directory structure. Basically, you cannot compile
source that include machine-dependent code from include/asm
using a native compiler, since asm points to the target-specific
asm directory. That means that Jocke's crc32.c file cannot be shared
between u-boot code and tools, since it contains machine-specific
code. :( Any good ideas on how to avoid that?

I guess, Jocke had his /tools compiled long time ago and only
tried PPC-specific stuff, that seems to work.

Anyway, you two can definitely resolve this.

Best regards,
Vladimir