[U-Boot-Users] jffs2

Robert Schwebel r.schwebel at pengutronix.de
Thu Mar 6 07:26:44 CET 2003

On Wed, Mar 05, 2003 at 08:08:14PM +0100, Wolfgang Denk wrote:
> The problem is that you chose to use the wrong tool for the job.  Use
> a small dedicated flash partition without a file system, and all your
> trouble is gone.

I'm not sure if you read my mails from the beginning, so to avoid
confusion here's the scenario in more detail: updates are possible in
two states: normally the user presses a software update button during
normal operation (running Linux), the system fetches a new single image
(containing file system, rootfs and kernel) and flashs it to a mtd
partition. It's no option to split this up into two pieces, so the
kernel definitely must sit inside some real file system, which also must
be writable during normal Linux operation.

Is there another way to achieve this, without jffs2?

Robert
   Braunschweiger Str. 79,  31134 Hildesheim, Germany
    Phone: +49-5121-28619-0 |  Fax: +49-5121-28619-4