[U-Boot-Users] [patch 1/1] DNP1110

Robert Schwebel robert at schwebel.de
Fri Mar 21 11:31:57 CET 2003

Hi Rolf,

On Fri, Mar 21, 2003 at 11:14:34AM +0100, Rolf Offermanns wrote:
> I ported the dnp1110 related changes from the current armboot cvs to
> current u-boot cvs.

I suppose we should fix the incorrect memory map for ARM, which was
different in ARMboot than in u-boot. I have a patch for pxa, but it has
to be reworked as Wolfgang had some objections.

> init_critical works, flash works, but unfortunately smc91111 does not
> work. The code is identical to the armboot code and I was not able to
> find the problem. Maybe one of you can help out and give me a hint.  I
> marked the problem in smc91111.c, grep for "FIXME".

I've also seen that problem on my PXA board - the driver starts working
when you switch on the debug code and add a random number of debug()
calls right before the SMC_SELECT_BANK( 2 ); line.

Unfortunately, I have no idea what the reason of this problem may be,
looks like some timing problem.

Robert
   Braunschweiger Str. 79,  31134 Hildesheim, Germany
    Phone: +49-5121-28619-0 |  Fax: +49-5121-28619-4