[U-Boot-Users] ELF File info forward / backward

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed May 7 21:21:46 CEST 2003

In message <NCBBIIOPCEBAMFLLKKBKGEIICGAA.RL at prodrive.nl> you wrote:

> I've build my ELF file on a SuSe Linux system.
> When I view the binairy data of the .elf file, all paths are like:
> /ppc_sdev/u-boot/main.c
>
> But my debugger environment (CodeWarrior 6.5) runs on a Windows2000 machine.
> Which paths are oriented like:
> \ppc_sdev\u-boot\main.c

AFAIK the slash ('/') has always been a legal and working  path  name
separatore  for  all MSDOS and Windows systems, st least when used in
application code (i.e. the DOS "shell" may treat it differently).

> Can this be the reason why my Debugger environment cannot find the source
> files?
> Error: Can't find file, no full path specified..

You are using a  commercial  tool,  which  usually  comes  with  some
support included. Did you try asking Metroworks?

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
"The more data I punch in this card,  the lighter it becomes, and the
lower the mailing cost."
                     - Stan Kelly-Bootle, "The Devil's DP Dictionary"