[U-Boot-Users] The problem on porting to similar FADS860 board

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue May 13 15:56:02 CEST 2003

In message <001401c31955$37fdf290$904fa93d at john> you wrote:

> But, I built same codes in rominit.S based on Vxworks, the LED is lighting.(

The rominit.S code of VxWorks is  different  software,  so  different
rules may apply. I have no idea when and where they set up a stack.

> codes is following ) What's problem in u-boot? is it possible to change the IMMR
> address by me? Next, are there any introduction on the file of u-boot.lds or how

There is no problem in U-Boot. You are just doing things that make no
sense.

And no, as long as you don;t understand why IMMR must  be  mapped  at
0xF0000000 or above you are not permitted to change it.

> to modify it according to customized board?

Please read the documentation that comes with the GNU Linker.

> because it is my personal interest in u-boot, so I have no debuger as BDI on
> hand and only to debug the U-boot using lighting LEDs on board.   Is there lower
> cost debuger to be ordered ?

For MPC8xx based systems there is the BDM4GDB project at sourceforge;
a BDM4GDB parallel port adapter costs just 49.95 Euro.

> Next, can anyone help give the used assemble codes to light LED? I'm not
> familiar with assemble.

Use "gcc -S" to translate your  C  code  and  try  to  nderstand  the
generated output.

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
Real computer scientists despise the idea of actual  hardware.  Hard-
ware has limitations, software doesn't. It's a real shame that Turing
machines are so poor at I/O.