[U-Boot-Users] U-Boot on Alchemy AU1000

Chris Hallinan clh at net1plus.com
Thu May 15 15:37:43 CEST 2003

Has anyone done any work with U-Boot on the AU1000 processor?  I
would like to understand the level of effort required to port U-Boot
to a board based on this processor.  I am intimately familiar with
PPCBoot/U-Boot on PowerPC platforms and numerous PPC
implementations.  However, I'm just starting the climb up the 'MIPS'
learning curve. :)

According to the AMD documentation, the AU1000 is based in the
'MIPS32' instruction set/architecture, which I presume is different
from R3000/R4000 for which I see some level of support in the
current U-Boot release.  Grepping through a recent Linux source
tree, I do see there is a specific CONFIG_CPU_* for MIPS32, and I've
taken a brief look at where this is used.  Specifically MMU and some
CPU features appear to be handled differently from R3K/4K.

I'd appreciate any input/feedback on what would be required to add
support in U-Boot for this processor/architecture.

Thanks in advance,

Chris Hallinan
DS4.COM, Inc.