[U-Boot-Users] file transfer server

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue May 20 22:25:23 CEST 2003

In message <2692A548B75777458914AC89297DD7DA021CCFDB at bronze.dolby.net> you wrote:

> Actually I want to run a server on the board, so that anyone on the
> network can transfer files to it. So how easy would it be to implement
> something like this.

It is not exactly difficult, but it makes no sense either.

U-Boot is a boot loader, not  a  file  server.  If  you  need  server
functions,  run  an  OS.  Boot into Linux, fire up inetd and a FTP or
TFTP server. Voila. No need to implement any new features.

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
The ultimate barrier is one's viewpoint.
                        - Terry Pratchett, _The Dark Side of the Sun_