[U-Boot-Users] Doubt on Kernel Linking

Flavio Pereira Flavio.Pereira at za.flextronics.com
Fri May 23 14:08:53 CEST 2003

Hi Rupesh

>I'm trying to boot linux kernel ( linux-2.4.4-2002-10-06 from DENX) on
my board.
>By default , the kernel is build at 0xC0000000. (This memory is not
mapped by u-boot).
>Do I have to change the kernel linking to a address that is within,
0x00000000 and 0x00800000 ?

The address 0xC0000000 is the virtual memory address in which the kernel
runs, when the kernel decompresses you should see that it decompressed
into the physical address 0x0, which is mapped by U-Boot. Therefore
there is no problem in the kernel linking at 0xC0000000.

Regards
Flavio Pereira