[U-Boot-Users] Doubt on Kernel Linking

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri May 23 15:56:11 CEST 2003

In message <00a901c3219b$59d821d0$6706a8c0 at SPLENDOR> you wrote:

> I kept the link address back at 0xc0000000.
> Doing mkimage , I did load address and entry address as 0x0.
>
> On my FADS823 board, I do a download to 0x100000.
> And gave a bootm 0x100000.
>
> But the system hangs after Uncompressing Kernel Image...
> Note: I have compared the bd_info stricture of linux and u-boot . It is the
> same . Also the IMMR address.
> I do mkimage on gzipped binary image of vmlinux.
>
> Please advice.

Attach a debugger (BDI2000 recommended).

Or reset the board and check the contents  of  the  "log_buf"  buffer
(post  mortem  dump) - grep the address from the System.map file, and
subtract 0xC0000000 to convert from virtual to physical address;  the
use U-Boot's "md" command.

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
If all economists were laid end to end, they would not reach  a  con-
clusion.