[U-Boot-Users] New x86 board booted...now the hard part

Marc Singer elf at buici.com
Fri May 23 21:00:57 CEST 2003

Yipee!  It boots.

I have a few questions.

  1) Daniel, do you think that the 'fs' overrides in mem_init are
     necessary when ds == fs?
  2) How would you expect to override mem_init on another x86 board?
     It seems to me that we'd be better off with a BSP entry point for
     RAM initialization that calls the appropriate library
     function(s).
  3) We ought to be able to share serial driver code between x86 and
     the risc processors as long as we abstract port accesses the
     way that the Linux kernel does.  Has this been discussed?