[U-Boot-Users] UUOMA - was: Loads function and flow control.

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon May 26 17:12:11 CEST 2003

Robert,

in message <20030526144315.GN24207 at pengutronix.de> you wrote:

> > What is the problem with minicom for loads?
>
> No problem if your name is not Wolfgang Denk ;)

...except that it does not work in the default configuration, and  to
make  it  work  reliably  you  either  have  to  throttle speed below
acceptable values, or you have  to  use  external  trools  which  can
replace minicome (like kermit).

> Put this into your "file transfer protocols" section:
>
> G kermit     /usr/bin/kermit -i -l %l -s     Y    U    Y   N    N
> H kermit     /usr/bin/kermit -i -l %l -r     N    D    Y   N    N

Hereby I hand out the UUOMA (Useless Use Of  Minicom  Award)  of  the
week to Robert Schwebel :-)

If you need kermit anyway, you  can  use  it  as  terminal  emulation
program right from the beginning and avoid all the other problems.

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
I often quote myself; it adds spice to my conversation.  - G. B. Shaw