[U-Boot-Users] New x86 board booted...now the hard part

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue May 27 22:08:12 CEST 2003

Dear Marc,

in message <20030527173633.GA7367 at buici.com> you wrote:

> > 2) If there is no such memory, you can probably lock some  parts  (or
> >    all of) the cache and (mis-) use this as memory.
>
> This may be possible, but it seems to me to be a lot of work just so
> we can 'call' the routine that performs the SDRAM controller setup.

There is little choice. If you want to use C, you will have to  stick
to  the  ABI,  and  you  will  have to provide a working stack. For a
stack, you need some memory.

> Then how about making this single function a configuration definition
> and fixing the lib_i386 to use that constant.
>
>   include/configs/thisboard
>
> #define MEM_INIT mem_init_sc520
>
>   lib-i386/board.c

#ifdef MEM_INIT
> MEM_INIT()
#endif

OK with me.

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
Quote from a recent meeting:   "We are going to continue having these
meetings everyday until I find out why no work is getting done."