[U-Boot-Users] RAMDISK image in flash not getting mounted - Memec Powerpc405 board

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Nov 6 09:14:00 CET 2003

In message <20031106032345.68783.qmail at web11603.mail.yahoo.com> you wrote:

> Yeah that was the problem. So now it boots all the way. I
> am not sure what this Simple Ramdisk-Image is composed of
> as I do not get to a promt. I get nothing on the terminal.

This old MPC8xx-only ramdisk image is really causing more  harm  than
being helpful. I removed it from the FTP server now.

Please use instead an image that was build for a 4xx system.

You can find SELF based images in
ftp://ftp.denx.de/pub/LinuxPPC/usr/src/SELF/images/

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
Life would be so much easier if we could  just  look  at  the  source
code.                                                   -- Dave Olson