[U-Boot-Users] current simple 8260 platform as start...

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Nov 6 17:38:51 CET 2003

In message <9F5558593173D21190EA0008C7B17698C1E183 at innsys1> you wrote:
> I would suggest the MPC8260ADS board (Or MPC8266ADS if you need PCI)
> These are Motorolas eval boards an dfailry easy to find documentation on, so
> that you easier can figure out the differences to your board and make a
> port.

Actually this is bad  advice.  The  *ADS  boards  have  some  special
features  which  you  will  not  find  on  any other board. Also, the
implementation of the MPC8260ADS has some serious problems which have
not been fixed for ages because the board is one of the many orphaned
(i. e. not maintained) boards.

Do NOT use the MPC8260ADS as an example.

> (8260 ports aren't very hard...)

But they are not exactly trivial either.  Especially  when  you  have
things like CF and PCMCIA on them.

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
There are 2 Kinds of planes: Fighters, and targets.
There are 2 Kinds of boats: Submarines, and targets.
There are 2 Kinds of 4x4's: Jeeps and SOB's (Some other brand)
There are 2 Kinds of OS's: Unix, and brain-farts.