[U-Boot-Users] RAMDISK image in flash not getting mounted - Memec Powerpc405 board

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Nov 12 10:08:50 CET 2003

In message <20031112015902.51448.qmail at web11606.mail.yahoo.com> you wrote:

> There is some progress. My kernel configuration was bad. I
> had  ONFIG_EXPERIMENTAL which is needed for
> CONFIG_DEVFS_FS and CONFIG_DEVFS_MOUNT.

You should DISABLE the devfs support for testing. If  you  think  you
really needit you can add it later. First get the system running.

> So I decided to try the ppc4xx ramdisk from DENX and I am
> getting this error

One reason might be that this ramdisk is using the conventional  /dev
system, not devfs.

> EXT2-fs error (device ramdisk(1,0)): ext2_check_page: bad
> entry in directory #2: rec_len is smaller than minimal -
> offset=0, inode=0, rec_len=0, name_len=0
>
> Does this imply that some entry in the filesystem is
> corrupted?

No. All in all I think chances are 99% that your RAM is  not  working
correctly. Check your SDRAM init sequence.

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
It is a human characteristic to love little  animals,  especially  if
they're attractive in some way.
	-- McCoy, "The Trouble with Tribbles", stardate 4525.6